My name is John and I want to prepare your taxes.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Your Tax Question - 014

Dear John, Do you know how much money the IRS collects each year? Do you know where that money goes? Just wondering, Rich
---
Rich,

Although your question is a bit off topic I want to field this one (because I actually know the answer to the question).

The IRS creates a Data Book each year and in it there is a table about all the money that they collect and from whom. In the 2008 Data Book there is the details in Table 1. The skinny is that the IRS collected a gross $2,745,035,410 in taxes and netted some 2.316 billion of that. Check out the Data Book for more details than you really wanted.

Also, I cannot verify the accuracy of the following, there is an image that illustrates where all that money goes. Check it out as well.

John

PS. I still have room on my client list for you - Email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment