My name is John and I want to prepare your taxes.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Your Tax Question - 013

Dear John, For fun I am trying to understand how the tax system works. Do you have any pointers to make my quest easier? Pauline.
---
Hi Pauline,

yes, I have a suggestion – forget the tax code and memorize the Periodic TableThat’s a little easier. Seriously though, I to think the tax system is fun to maneuver but it always changes because the Congress is always changing things. You’ve heard that “Death and Taxes” are the only two inevitabilities in this world - someone has commented that death if preferable because it is the only thing that does not get worse when Congress meets.

Visit the IRS website - it has a lot of good stuff. And if you have a little lawyering blood in you I suggest reading the U.S. Tax Code itself. And if that is still not enough for you you can read all the opinions and decisions of the tax courts that you want at Legalbitstream.com.

Have fun,
John

PS. Until you are comfortable doing your own taxes my services are available and there are still some slots open on my client list. Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment