My name is John and I want to prepare your taxes.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Your Tax Question - 027

Dear John, I have heard that the Child Tax Credit that returns $1000.00 per child per family will be expiring this year - is that true? Thx, Clair
---
Hi Clair,

Yeah, it's true. 2010 will be the last year for the $1000.00 credit and in 2011 the CTC will revert to a $500.00 credit. Unless Congress acts to extend it - that is the plan.

I'm not much of an activist but this is one of the issues that I think I will write Congress about. If you also want to write a letter, here is a list of suites that will help you do that.

1. How to write a letter to Congress.
2. How to find you congressional representatives.

And FYI - I've heard that it is good to sign your name in blue so that your reps know that it is not part of a mass mailing campaign.

Good luck,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment