My name is John and I want to prepare your taxes.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Your Tax Question - 061

Dear John, So is it true that this is the final year for the $1000 per child tax deduction? I was really like this little reduction from the taxes that I pay each year. Please let me know. Sincerely, Angela
---
Hi Angela,

The child tax credit was due to expire after 2010 but it has been extended for two years. The child tax credit allows parents to reduce their federal tax bill by up to $1,000 for each qualifying child under age 17.

Also, the expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit included in the economic stimulus package will continue for two more years as well. But I will leave that for another post.

Thanks,
John

PS. As of now, there are only 76 more days until tax day. If you could use a tax preparer I happen to know this really cool guy that does this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment