My name is John and I want to prepare your taxes.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Your Tax Question - 060

Dear John, I see that you are marketing yourself to single moms. Really, if you seriously want to help single moms you should do their taxes for FREE. This just sounds like a crafty way to get business because you don't really care about single moms. You poser! T
---
Hi T,

My first thought was just to ignore this question but I thought better of it. I suspect that if you have these thoughts of me then other people may have them too. So I will address it.

1. No, I am not marketing myself to single moms, I am marketing myself to everyone but I am intentionally promoting my services to single moms.

2. Yes, I am trying to gain business for only a fool goes into business to not desire business.

3. As for your accusation about me "not really caring about single moms"? The reality is that I cannot afford to do taxes for FREE as I have a considerable amount of money invested for this tax season (considerable for my budget that is). The software I purchased only allows me to do 50 returns for the year with which to try to regain my investment - if I give those 50 returns away for free then I won't be able to offer tax services again next year. However, since you have come to the aid of single moms and apparently care, I will be very happy to send them to your FREE tax services. Please let us know where that is. (I'm sorry, was that last part snide and sarcastic? Hmmm, my wife says I need to work on that.)

John

PS. What is a "Poser" anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment