My name is John and I want to prepare your taxes.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Your Tax Question - 010

Dear John, Our home just recently burned and all of my paperwork for this year’s taxes was destroyed – what am I supposed to do? Frank.
---
Hey Frank,

Sorry to hear about the home, I pray everyone was alright. Not to worry with the April 15th deadline. Simply fill out IRS Form 4868 for an automatic 6 months extension on your taxes' due date. You will have to send in the form with a reasonable estimation of your tax due and then pay an interest rate on any unpaid tax actually due from the original due date. It is not the best you could hope for but at least there is a little something for such a catastrophe.

Warmly,
John

PS. If you need help with this please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment